Tuesday, July 29, 2014

37 weeks

37 weeks

163 pounds (yeah, that 3 pound increase was unexpected!)

I'm still feeling just peachy. I'm still full of energy, but I'm finding myself getting tired a bit quicker lately. Still lasting about 5 days pain free after adjustments. Thankfully, after I write this I'm headed out the door to be the chiro. 

I'm sleeping fine, once I get comfortable. It's not impossible for me to move around in bed, but it's definitely inconvenient and uncomfortable. I'm discovering myself waking up in the morning in the exact position I fell asleep in and I'm so stiff in the morning. I hobble to the bathroom and back and climb back in bed. Surprisingly, this entire pregnancy I haven't really woken up much at night to pee. I wake up when Erik leaves for work at 6 and then go back to sleep until I have to wake up at 7:15. My hips aren't bothering me too much. I'd say the quality of my sleep is close to excellent. 

I'm not experiencing much swelling. What little I do notice is very minimal and in my hands. It's probably helped that it's been beautiful and very mild weather. Very, very unusual for the end of July. 

I had another midwife appointment today and it went excellent. 

  • Blood pressure was 110/76
  • Fundal height was 35cm. Sheryl said that it seems like he's starting to move down because my fundal height measured a cm less that last week. I definitely don't feel like he's dropped and it's certainly not obvious visually.
  • Baby is head down
  • No cervical check today
  • I'm group B strep negative!

Now, we wait! Since I'm 37 weeks, he can come at anytime and we can deliver at home. Everything here is ready (I'll talk more about that in another post). His carseat is installed, but I'm waiting on some parts for it to better accommodate a newborn. I'm actually afraid that if he's as small as Stella was that he won't fit in it, but we'll just have to see. If anything we can borrow an infant seat for a month or so until he's a bit bigger. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baby is the size of a winter melon.

18.9 - 20.9 inches 

6.2 - 9.2 pounds

He's gaining about 1/2 ounce each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment