Monday, March 3, 2014

Magic

In the still of this night, lying in bed, listening to the fan whir, I felt you. I felt your tiny limb poke me from inside as if you were saying hello. Twice within 45 seconds. The feeling was undeniable. Other times I have wondered, but was never for sure. This time I am sure. It's you in there, baby goose, saying hello to mama for the first time. A smile spread across my face and tears filled my eyes. There your movements finally are. I've felt my uterus get very full-like and I knew you were stretching or changing position, but these couple popcorn like pokes are different. These are the beginning of my absolute favorite part of pregnancy. These kicks are the way I bond the strongest with you. These kicks further solidify the reality of this pregnancy that still hasn't quite sunk in. This entire process of my body growing you is magic. Mama is tired now baby, but I'll lie here awake a little while longer hoping to feel you just once more tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment